Behaviour recently introduced the first-ever third-person killer in Dead by Daylight, and it’s none other than ‘Chucky’! This exciting news is part of CHAPTER 30: Chucky, a new Chapter DLC set to release on November 28, 2023.
The community is loving the dead by daylight new killer, and I totally get why.
In this post, I’ll summarize all of Chucky’s Perks, powers and some of his add-ons.
Overview of Chucky
Chucky, also known as The Good Guy, is a sneaky Killer capable of fooling Survivors with his deceptive Footsteps and lethal Slice & Dice.
Being the first third-person killer in the game, he introduces a whole new experience to Dead by Daylight.
Chucky comes with three unique perks that are:
- Hex: Two Can Play: Activates when Chucky endures multiple stuns or blinds from Survivors. If there’s no active Hex Totem and at least one Dull Totem remains in the Trial Grounds, this perk triggers on a random Totem. Subsequently, it inflicts a 1.5-second blind on any Survivor attempting to stun or blind Chucky.
- Friends ’til the End: When Chucky hooks a Survivor who isn’t the Obsession, the Obsession’s Aura is revealed for 6-10 seconds, and they suffer the Exposed Status Effect for a punishing 20 seconds. On the flip side, when Chucky hooks the Obsession, a random Survivor screams, revealing their location to the Killer and becoming the new Obsession.
- Batteries Included: Chucky gains a +5% Haste Status Effect whenever he is within 12 metres of a completed Generator. This effect lasts 1-5 seconds after leaving the range of the Generator.
Special Ability: Hidey-Ho Mode
Chucky can enter Hidey-Ho Mode at any time, as long as its cool-down period has expired.
- Grants the Undetectable Status Effect.
- Creates map-wide Footsteps, which confuse survivors with sounds and footprints coming from all directions.
Special Ability: Slice & Dice
Chucky has access to the charged Slice & Dice ability while in Hidey-Ho Mode, allowing him to rush unnoticed Survivors before leaping forward and performing a Slice & Dice Attack.
Chucky can also quickly chain a Scamper while using a Slice & Dice if a Survivor is vaulting through a Window or across a Pallet.
Special Locomotion: Scamper
Chucky can perform a Scamper through Windows or under downed Pallets while in Hidey-Ho Mode, allowing him to close in on his unsuspecting prey.
Add-ons for Chucky
All of Chucky’s add-ons seem pretty good right now, but the ones that stand out the most to me are:
- Good Guy Box: Decreases Slice & Dice hit cooldown by 15%. For a brown add-on, it seems pretty op.
- Yardstick: A Scamper reveals Survivor auras within 20 meters of you for 5 seconds. Insane tracking add-on, similar to Nowhere to Hide perk.
- Running Shoes: Gain 4% movement speed after a Scamper for 3 seconds. Easy to use add-on, that will help with chases.
- Rat Poison: While performing a Slice & Dice Attack, the auras of all Survivors within 8 metres of you are revealed to you for 5 seconds. A second impressive info perk.
- Straight Razor: Hitting with a Slice & Dice attack inflicts Hemorrhage and Mangled on the hit Survivor. A typical Sloppy Butcher add-on, so you don’t have to run the perk.
- Iridescent Amulet: Increases duration of Hidey-Ho Mode by 100%. Basic attacks immediately end Hidey-Ho Mode. Since most of your attacks will probably be charged attacks anyway, this add-on is insane.
- Hard Hat: Performing a Scamper under a pallet breaks it immediately and exits Hidey-Ho Mode. Similar to the Legion add-on, very strong.
Based on these Chucky add-ons, I predict that he will have insane aura builds that you can build in the future.
Chucky, the Dead by Daylight new killer, is about to leave an indelible mark on the game as a third-person killer with sneaky abilities and quick movement. As we eagerly await the release of CHAPTER 30: Chucky on November 28, 2023, the future holds thrilling possibilities for both Killers and Survivors alike.
I encourage you to try him out on the PTB server and let me know what you think in the comments below.